1. Bruce Lee talks about the JKD philosophy

??? BRUCE LEE - RARE FOOTAGES ???
??? BRUCE LEE - RARE FOOTAGES ??? - YouTube

1. Bruce Lee demonstrating the JKD indirect attack using a side kick
2. Bruce Lee doing two finger pushups on one hand
3. Bruce Lee demonstrating the one inch punch
4. Bruce Lee demonstrating JKD, the USA's first MMA experience
5. Bruce Lee demonstrating the first Wing Chun training form
6. Bruce Lee practicing Jun Fan Gung Fu (modified Wing Chun)
7. Bruce Lee demonstrating Chi Sao sparring with his eyes closed
8. Bruce Lee doing a flying side kick on the bag
9. Bruce Lee doing footwork and choreographed movie kicks
10. Bruce Lee demonstrating Jun Fan Gung Fu (modified Wing Chun)
11. Bruce Lee demonstrating JKD sparring at the Long Beach Tournament
12. Bruce Lee doing punching combos on the bag
13. Bruce Lee demonstrates the one inch punch at the Long Beach Tournament
14. Bruce Lee performs a real JKD thrusting side kick during a movie
15. Bruce Lee demonstrating the quickness of a finger jab
16. Bruce Lee demonstrating a real JKD takedown during a movie
17. Bruce Lee pulling out his nunchucks

Bruce Lee Physical Feats as a Real Fighter
Bruce Lee Physical Feats as a Real Fighter - YouTube

1. Bruce Lee demonstrating his power and balance during a movie

Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris (FULL)
Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris (FULL) - YouTube

1. Bruce Lee demonstrates JKD philosophy in a movie stage fight with Chuck Norris

bruce lee vs kareem abdul jabbar ITA
bruce lee vs kareem abdul jabbar ITA - YouTube

1. Bruce Lee demonstrates JKD philosophy in a movie stage fight with Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Bruce Lee vs Ji Han Jae Deleted Scenes
Bruce Lee vs Ji Han Jae Deleted Scenes - YouTube

1. Bruce Lee demonstrates JKD philosophy in a movie stage fight with Ji Han Jae

Bruce Lee vs Dan Innosanto Deleted Scenes
Bruce Lee vs Dan Innosanto Deleted Scenes - YouTube

1. Bruce Lee demonstrates JKD philosophy in a movie stage fight with Dan Inosanto

Bruce Lee - the Father of MMA (re-upload)
Bruce Lee - the Father of MMA (re-upload) - YouTube

1. Bruce Lee demonstrates JKD philosophy in movie with Sammo Hung

Bruce Lee vs Robert Wall
Bruce Lee vs Robert Wall - YouTube

1. Bruce Lee demonstrates JKD philosophy in movie stage fight with Robert Wall

Bruce Lee in Game of Death - Special OUTTAKES - demo
Bruce Lee in Game of Death - Special OUTTAKES - demo - YouTube

1. Bruce Lee in Game of Death movie bloopers

Bruce Lee - The Art of Dying - Video
Bruce Lee - The Art of Dying - Video - YouTube

1. Bruce Lee discusses the JKD philosophy during a TV show

Bruce Lee Fighting As A Kid - RARE FOOTAGE
Bruce Lee Fighting As A Kid - RARE FOOTAGE - YouTube

1. A very young Bruce Lee fighting as a kid in a rare Chinese film

1956 Hong Kong Rooftop Fighting
1956 Hong Kong Rooftop Fighting - YouTube

1. Bruce Lee in real life unchoreographed and unreffed street fighting video

Real Life Bruce Lee Takes On Several Guys At Once
Real Life Bruce Lee Takes On Several Guys At Once - YouTube

1. This isn't the real Bruce Lee, but it is a real fight showing real JKD

"Rare Full Bruce Lee Ving Tsun Kung Fu at the famous Long Beach Tournament 1964"
"Rare Full Bruce Lee Ving Tsun Kung Fu at the famous Long Beach Tournament 1964" - YouTube

1. Bruce Lee demonstrating the speed and power of JKD (not Ving Tsun)

Bruce Lee vs Black Belt (rare fight)
Bruce Lee vs Black Belt (rare fight) - YouTube

1. A real encounter that ended very quickly

Bruce Lee rare footage.
Bruce Lee rare footage. - YouTube

1. Bruce Lee demonstrates many different styles of Chinese Gung Fu

Bruce Lee - Fastest kicks ever seen by the world
Bruce Lee - Fastest kicks ever seen by the world - YouTube

BRUCE LEE RARE FOOTAGE!!!
BRUCE LEE RARE FOOTAGE!!! - YouTube

Bruce Lee in mma ?
Bruce Lee in mma ? - YouTube

1. UFC discussion about Bruce Lee

Last edited by Jun Fan; 02-26-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Jun Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 02-26-2012, 01:56 AM   #2
Jun Fan

Green Belt

Styles: Jeet Kune Do
Home Country:
Jun Fan is a jewel in the rough

Your feedback is welcomed and appreciated.
Jun Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
tkdKaren

Red / Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do, tiny bit of Wushu
Home Country:
tkdKaren is just really nicetkdKaren is just really nice

Cool links! Thanks for sharing.

Life got tougher; my faith got stronger.
Character is the only rank. ~Kyoshi Ivan Ujueta

DON'T QUIT! www.taotexas.com
www.freestufftimes.com

tkdKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
Sensei Tom OBrien

Black Belt I

Styles: Vee-Jitsu, Shotokan, TKD & Arnis
Home Country:
Sensei Tom OBrien is a glorious beacon of lightSensei Tom OBrien is a glorious beacon of lightSensei Tom OBrien is a glorious beacon of light

Bruce

OMG! He played ping pong with nun chucks! I never imagined that was possible!
That is the coolest thing I ever saw!

Thanks,
Tom
Sensei Tom OBrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
WC_Lun

Black Belt IV

Styles: Western Boxing, Tai Chi, Animal Form Kung Fu, and Wing Chun
Home Country:
WC_Lun is a name known to allWC_Lun is a name known to allWC_Lun is a name known to allWC_Lun is a name known to allWC_Lun is a name known to allWC_Lun is a name known to allWC_Lun is a name known to allWC_Lun is a name known to all

The ping pong with nunchu are cool as hell, but CGI
Old 02-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
nascarmike71

Black Belt I

Styles: tae kwon do, kenpo &Yang style Tai Chi
Home Country:
nascarmike71 is just really nicenascarmike71 is just really nice

Jeez he was fast some of that footage is on the Bruce Lee dvd set. Why they put Game of Death and not Enter the Dragon is still a mystery to me.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #7
Jun Fan

Green Belt

Home Country:

That's funny, I just had a conversation with one of my friends about the DVD set. I noticed as part of a five disc set, he has all of Bruce Lee's movies except for Enter The Dragon, which many people believe was Bruce's best film. Instead of Enter The Dragon, they included Game Of Death 2.

Why? I have no idea, but I know that's one of the main reasons people get confused by it. Bruce Lee only ever did five or six movies during his entire life. Game Of Death 1 and Game Of Death 2 are actually not Bruce Lee films, and yet they are still being pawned off as Bruce Lee films to this day. I think that should be illegal to do, but, whatever, it's Raymond Chow.

Anyways, I do remember seeing a film called Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey, which is actually pretty good. Some people consider it the 'true' version of Game Of Death, and Bruce Lee plays in it with some amazing actors and martial artists. It is basically the Game Of Death, but done the way Bruce Lee wanted it. It contains some unseen footage that was never in Game Of Death, and Bruce Lee himself is the director of the film.

90% of all Bruce Lee movies are played by Bruce Le, or Bruce Li, which is not the same actor. Bruce Le / Bruce Li is 'not' the real Bruce Lee, and me and my friend had a long argument about that today during one of our conversations. Bruce Lee died in 1973, but Game Of Death did not get released until 1978. From then on you have Bruce Le, or Bruce Li, and during the 1980's we see a lot of films being pawned off by Raymond Chow as Bruce Lee films. The fact is, none of them are Bruce Lee films.

Enter The Dragon was the only movie Bruce Lee ever played in which you hear his real voice all the way through, uncut and unaltered. In every other Bruce Lee film, someone dubs his voice, and translates Chinese into English. Bruce Lee didn't speak much English in any of his movies, except for Enter The Dragon, which is the first time you hear Bruce Lee's true voice without a voiceover. That's something a lot of people didn't know. Enter The Dragon was also an American made filming project, so the quality of Enter The Dragon is actually a lot better than you will find in any other Bruce Lee film.

Another story I hear all the time is that Jason Scott Lee, the man who played in Dragon: A Bruce Lee Story is actually Bruce Lee's youngest son who was kept a secret after Brandon, and all this and that. It's not true, Jason Scott Lee is not at all related to Bruce Lee, so don't believe that. Another thing I hear all the time is that Dragon is based on a true story, and that Wong Jack Man paralyzed Bruce Lee during a fight scene in the movie. Although the movie Dragon is based on a true story, it has been through Hollywood and back, so not everything you see in that movie is 100% accurate. Bruce Lee did fight Wong Jack Man in real life, but it was not in some secret underground Chinese temple. They fought at Bruce Lee's studio in Oakland, and the outcome of that conflict is still debated to this day. Some say Bruce won, some say Wong Jack Man won. What really happened, I don't want to get into that, but Bruce Lee actually broke his back during a faulty training exercise by trying to lift too much weight. Nobody broke Bruce's back, except for Bruce, who of course broke his own back. He just pushed himself way too hard, and that's what really happened.

Nobody ever beat Bruce Lee in a real fight, at least not since he was a child. After he took up martial arts, he never lost a fight. Of course, I can't say that he actually got involved that much in fighting. He was a martial artist, and martial arts is not about fighting, so I don't think he was really looking to fight anyone as he got older. Some people say Bruce Lee fought Jacky Chan, Bolo Yeung, Robert Wall, Chuck Norris, Mike Stone, Gene Lebell, Dan Inosanto, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Jhoon Rhee, this and that. The truth is, Bruce Lee never fought anyone that I know of except for Wong Jack Man, and a few other guys from the Japanese community and the college university that he went to. There was never any fight between Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris, or any of those guys like they say. Bruce Lee had a lot of friends in the martial arts community and all of these guys are people who Bruce Lee trained with. They may have appeared in his movies, they may have fought each other during some of those movies, but in real life they never fought. These guys were professional martial artists who respected one another. They were friends, not enemies. Bruce did get into a lot of fights in Hong Kong when he was younger. He actually knocked out the son of one of the kingpins of the Kowloon Triads, and he also became the boxing champion in highschool. There were a few incidents during the making of some of his movies behind the scenes and backstage, but as far as Bruce Lee fighting all the time, and losing to someone here or there, that simply is not true. Bruce Lee didn't fight much, and when he did, he never lost a fight.

Even when he broke his back, the doctor told him that he would never walk again, but Bruce Lee fought and eventually he won that battle. Enter The Dragon was filmed after that had happened, so when you watch Enter The Dragon, well, that 'is' Bruce Lee.

Last edited by Jun Fan; 02-28-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #8
nascarmike71

Black Belt I

Home Country:

The fight scene in th movie with Jason Scott Lee is as you said pure hollywood. I read a semi autobioghraphical book on Bruce a couple years ago. According to the author when the challenger showed his face at Bruce's dojo, Bruce chased him all around the dojo until the guy was out of breath and then Bruce sat on him. Not sure how true the story is but it did make for a good read and had me laughing for a while.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:36 AM   #9
Jun Fan

Green Belt

Home Country:

I don't like to comment too much about that incident. I actually have a friend who trained under Wong Jack Man in San Francisco, who I respect very much as a martial artist. What I can tell you is that I was not there when that particular incident took place, but I spoke to some of Bruce Lee's students and the people who witnessed the fight, and they all say pretty much the same thing, that neither Bruce Lee nor Wong Jack Man were badly injured. It was shortly afterwards that Bruce Lee decided he wasn't going to do Wing Chun any more, and so he developed Jeet Kune Do.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #10
nascarmike71

Black Belt I

Home Country:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun Fan View Post
I don't like to comment too much about that incident. I actually have a friend who trained under Wong Jack Man in San Francisco, who I respect very much as a martial artist. What I can tell you is that I was not there when that particular incident took place, but I spoke to some of Bruce Lee's students and the people who witnessed the fight, and they all say pretty much the same thing, that neither Bruce Lee nor Wong Jack Man were badly injured. It was shortly afterwards that Bruce Lee decided he wasn't going to do Wing Chun any more, and so he developed Jeet Kune Do.
I think the thing i respect the most about Bruce was his view that MA should be available to anyone & everyone who wants to learn. He broke so many cultural barriers. To me that is his greatest legacy.

Sponsored Links