Top 50 Martial Arts Topsites List

Old 07-26-2005, 05:22 PM   #1
Jet Li Fan

Blue Belt

Styles: Non-Practionioner
Home Country:
Jet Li Fan has a spectacular aura about

Who's the best out there?

The one who, may not necessarily be undefeated, but has beaten all the ones that have beaten him.
Jet Li Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 08-23-2005, 09:08 AM   #2
Berador

Yellow Belt

Berador will become famous soon enough

I can only think of one, "Red Scorpion"!!!
President, WMAOA-Denmark.
The beginning of wisdom, is to acknowledge you own ignorance. When you realize your own ignorance, you will admit to your own insignificance, and that will free your spirit for growth without limitations.
(quote; Arakawa Shichirobei).
Berador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:29 AM   #3
complete

Administrator

Styles: Tae Kwon Do, Tang Soo Do, Hwa Rang Do
Home Country:
complete is a glorious beacon of lightcomplete is a glorious beacon of lightcomplete is a glorious beacon of lightcomplete is a glorious beacon of lightcomplete is a glorious beacon of light

Send a message via Yahoo to complete
Who's Red Scorpion?
complete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:53 AM   #4
Berador

Yellow Belt

Berador will become famous soon enough

Talking

Hes a big pale-looking russian guy, i keep forgetting his name but will post it as soon as i see him on the TV next (B.T.W. his ringname IS Red Scorpion, that's why i call him that).
President, WMAOA-Denmark.
The beginning of wisdom, is to acknowledge you own ignorance. When you realize your own ignorance, you will admit to your own insignificance, and that will free your spirit for growth without limitations.
(quote; Arakawa Shichirobei).
Berador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:05 PM   #5
NinjaMaster

Red Belt

Home Country:
NinjaMaster will become famous soon enough

I think Bob Sapp has been dominating lately. He's won his last 4 fights.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:29 AM   #6
complete

Administrator

Home Country:
complete is a glorious beacon of lightcomplete is a glorious beacon of lightcomplete is a glorious beacon of lightcomplete is a glorious beacon of lightcomplete is a glorious beacon of light

Well, Bob Sapp is no longer the biggest nor the baddest. There is a new K-1 fighter that's making some major noise in 2005.

A Korean ssirum (Korean wrestling) champion turned K-1 fighter called Hong Man Choi. This guy is 353lbs and holds the record of 5-0, recently beating out Bob Sapp in September.

He will fight Remy Bonjasky at the K-1 Final on Nov 19 in Tokyo. (Same day as UFC 56 in US)

By the way, I've in Japan for the last couple of weeks and saw some TV special on all the K-1 fighters competing in the Nov 19. Since it was all in Japanese, I couldn't understand it but still very entertaining.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:30 AM   #7
complete

Administrator

Home Country:

Make that 6-0 for Hong-Man Choi. His record on K-1 site did not include his win over Bob Sapp.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:53 PM   #8
complete

Administrator

Home Country:

Hong-Man Choi tasted his first defeat of his short K-1 career by unanimous decision to Remy Bonjasky at the K-1 World GP '05 Final this past Sat.

A former Silum wrestling Champion, Choi debuted in K-1 this year and came into the Final undefeated in six matches, having used his size more adeptly than some other K-1 behemoths. Choi is a national hero in Korea, and a sizable contingent of fans flew in from Seoul to cheer him on today. The sleek and lethal Bonjasky, meanwhile, is known for his spectacular flying knee and kick attacks. But his fans had to be wondering if he could get those up and in on the 218cm/7'2" Choi.

Bonjasky mostly eschewed the fancy stuff here in favor of a smart and precise attack built on low kicks. From the bell the Dutchman was light on his feet, kept his guard high and close, and snapped in hard low kicks. Choi led with his left jab and was solid on counters, and early on corralled Bonjasky into the corner to pump in some fist. Late in the first, Bonjasky saw a kick answered aggressively by a charging Choi, but neither fighter dominated in the round, which was scored a draw on all three cards.

The second saw Bonjasky launch a flying kick, only to have Choi answer again with punches. Bonjasky's low kicks were working better, and looked to be stinging Choi now. But the Korean used his reach well to control the distance, and again Bonjasky could not mount sustained pressure. In the third Bonjasky was the aggressor again, working the hit and run low kick attacks before landing a high kick to the left side of Choi's head. Choi's game was all counters, and he was not half-bad with these -- judges however liked Bonjasky's superior aggression and awarded him a slim but unanimous decision and a trip to the semis.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:30 PM   #9
oddtodd81

Blue Belt

Styles: NONE BUT IVE LEARNED SOME MOVES FROM THE UFC AND I THINK IM GONNA BUY TITO ORTIZ'S TRAINING DVD'S
Home Country:
oddtodd81 is a jewel in the rough

Takanori Gomi!!!! I heard they signed that dude from PrideFC... =)
oddtodd81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:21 AM   #10
complete

Administrator

Home Country:

We haven't discussed K-1 for a while. Glad to see someone starting it back again.

I've mostly paid attention to UFC but in between UFC, I should start looking into PrideFC and K-1.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:17 PM   #11
Word2Action

Yellow Belt

Word2Action is on a distinguished road

I don't know if Sapp is the most dominating but he sure is the most entertaining fighter. Most definitely my favorite.
Word2Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 07:39 PM   #12
cjgrappler

Purple Belt

Styles: Seishin Juku, Muy Thai, Shorin Ryu Shorikan, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Home Country:
cjgrappler is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to cjgrappler
As far as the best Fighter now

MY OPINION of the best fighter in this time would have to be Rickson Gracie. But there are alot of great fighters around cause they have more of an open mind and train different styles and get more rounded in their skills. I have alot of favorite fighters & competitors (as in just jiu-jitsu tournaments).
Old 07-24-2006, 07:43 PM   #13
Word2Action

Yellow Belt

Word2Action is on a distinguished road

I have to give the Gracie family credit. Their fighting extends to different venues of MMA.
Word2Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:51 PM   #14
clockworkmechanicalman

Orange Belt

Styles: too rusty to have a skill
Home Country:
clockworkmechanicalman will become famous soon enough

best k-1 fighter is ernesto hoost hands down he's called mr. perfect for a reason. with mma is hard to ignore chuck liddell and matt hughes, both of them have brought striking to a grappeling game, and made mma a point of interest for more kickbocking fans. i know i appreicated the stnd up fighting, that's recently happening in ufc.
clockworkmechanicalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:03 PM   #15
BlackDragon

Red / Black Belt

Styles: mixed martial art style, jeet kune do concepts, currently capoeira and some kick boxing
Home Country:
BlackDragon is just really niceBlackDragon is just really nice

As far as K1 is concerned, Ernesto hoost is pertty good, as well as Ray Seffo, But i have to leave my choice with...Remy Bonjasky as my favorite!!!
BlackDragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links